Date: Mar 21, 2014 11:06 AM
Author: Joe Niederberger
Subject: Re: How science  shaped modern 'rejection of religion'

R Hansen says:
>So you are saying I am a fool essentially

I said no such thing. Let's be clear about what I did and did not say. I'll paraphrase this time around to try to make it clearer than last time.

I myself said I don't know if Davies quest for an explanation of the ultimate laws of nature was possible or impossible, Hell! We don't even have the TOE yet, much less an explanation for it. Perhaps they arrive together, perhaps never at all.

But you offer your opinion (you say it never will happen.) You may be entirely correct.

Its the reasons you advance for your position, which are paltry, and the cock-suredness with which you fling them around, that I am mocking. They indeed make you look foolish when you do that, which is often.

If others you interact with don't hit the BS buzzer when you go off like that, either they are gullible, or don't want to cause a riff, that's all. I'm not the only one on this forum calling BS on many of your pronouncements, but you seem to feel a particular sting from me. Perhaps my criticisms are duller than the others -- the really sharps ones I don't think you feel at all.

Cheers,
Joe N