Date: Jun 7, 2014 9:09 PM
Author: The Starmaker
Subject: Re: nasa.gov/scientific-consensus

J. Clarke wrote:

> In article <bvh8vnFtkm0U1@mid.individual.net>, ttt_heg@web.de says...

> > Am 05.06.2014 20:40, schrieb Cryptoengineer:
> >

> > > I think lmc is making a simple error, confusing the
> > > rise since glacial maximum (at least 120m), with the
> > > rise which would occur if the *current* ice caps were
> > > to melt fully about another 67m.
> > >
> > > Of course, during the last Ice Age maxima, far more of
> > > the world was covered in ice caps than remains today.
> > >
> > > As for the basis for saying the Antartic is losing ice,
> > > this is from
> > >
> > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_level#Glaciers_and_ice_caps
> > >
> > > "Each year about 8 mm (0.3 inches) of water from the entire surface of
> > > the oceans falls onto the Antarctica and Greenland ice sheets as
> > > snowfall. If no ice returned to the oceans, sea level would drop 8 mm
> > > (0.3 in) every year. To a first approximation, the same amount of water
> > > appeared to return to the ocean in icebergs and from ice melting at the
> > > edges. Scientists previously had estimated which is greater, ice going
> > > in or coming out, called the mass balance, important because it causes
> > > changes in global sea level. High-precision gravimetry from satellites
> > > in low-noise flight has since determined that in 2006, the Greenland and
> > > Antarctic ice sheets experienced a combined mass loss of 475 ± 158
> > > Gt/yr, equivalent to 1.3 ± 0.4 mm/yr sea level rise. Notably, the
> > > acceleration in ice sheet loss from 1988-2006 was 21.9 ± 1 Gt/yr² for
> > > Greenland and 14.5 ± 2 Gt/yr² for Antarctica, for a combined total of
> > > 36.3 ± 2 Gt/yr². This acceleration is 3 times larger than for mountain
> > > glaciers and ice caps (12 ± 6 Gt/yr²).[5]"
> > >

> > The amount of water in the oceans is related to the amount of water on
> > the land: less water on land means more water in the oceans.
> >
> > So: how does water get from land to oceans?
> >
> > Right: rivers (mainly).
> >
> > How does the water get into the rivers?
> >
> > Glaciers melting... Well, maybe, to some (small) extent.
> >
> > Human waste water? Actually yes.
> >
> > Agriculture? YES!!
> >
> > Roads and cities? YES!!!
> >
> > Deforestation? YES!!!!!

> Try "rain".

> > TH

Rain starts as water vapor that has evaporated from the surface of the ocean. The ocean comes from leaves.
The drops of water from the leaves come from...it's soo hot, it sweats.

The sweat falls on the ground

the leaves
holds
drops of water

the moon
twice a day
pulls

the
drops of water
from the leaves

to the ground

I thought I explained this all already?

All this time you haven't learned anything!!!!?