Regarding Khan Academy: I have my remedial high school students working at common core 7th grade level watch selected clips and do exercises as "flipped assignments" prior to the lessons I teach. This gets them remembering what they may have "learned" previously.  Since I started this practice achievement levels on quizzes and exams have improved a lot. Browse for Flipped Learning Network for more information.
Anna