The Math Forum

Topic: Democratic voters will soon be rounded up
Replies: 37   Last Post: Jan 24, 2005 5:18 AM

Spehro Pefhany

Re: Democratic voters will soon be rounded up

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 11:45:12 -0800, the renowned John Larkin
<jjSNIPlarkin@highTHISlandPLEASEtechnology.XXX> wrote:

>On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 20:30:45 +0100, David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:
>>
>>It's just unfortunate that nobody has as to yet figured out a way to
>>get work done without workers (aka proletarian swine). You can't
>>plough a field with a silver spoon.

>But one tractor, with air-conditioned cabin and custom sound system,
>replaces 50 or so workers. We, the engineers, build stuff like this.
>
>John

Don't forget the GPS positioning system (and load cells) so the
fertilizer and crops go exactly where they are supposed to in the
quantities they are supposed to. Big business for Rockwell.

And with automation and 3rd world workers, the direct labor content of
many products can be reduced to a negligible portion of selling cost.
That $40 pair of kid's boots probably only has 50 cents of direct
labor (in, say, Vietnam), other markups and costs fill the Gap errr
gap between materials and retail.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
speff@interlog.com Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com

Date Subject Author
1/22/05
Read Democratic voters will soon be rounded up
Gactimus
1/22/05
Read Re: Democratic voters will soon be rounded up
Don Pearce
1/22/05
Read Re: Democratic voters will soon be rounded up
John Larkin
1/22/05
Read Re: Democratic voters will soon be rounded up
robert j. kolker
1/22/05
Read Re: Democratic voters will soon be rounded up
David Kastrup
1/22/05
Read Re: Democratic voters will soon be rounded up
robert j. kolker
1/23/05
Read Re: Democratic voters will soon be rounded up
Watson & Parisi
1/23/05
Read Re: Democratic voters will soon be rounded up
John Larkin
1/23/05
Read Re: Democratic voters will soon be rounded up
Jesse F. Hughes
1/22/05
Read Re: Democratic voters will soon be rounded up
John Larkin
1/22/05
Read Re: Democratic voters will soon be rounded up
Spehro Pefhany
1/22/05
Read Re: Democratic voters will soon be rounded up
John Larkin
1/22/05
Read Re: Democratic voters will soon be rounded up
keith
1/23/05
Read Re: Democratic voters will soon be rounded up
William Elliot
1/23/05
jmfbahciv@aol.com
1/22/05
Read Re: Democratic voters will soon be rounded up
Uncle Al
1/22/05
Read Re: Democratic voters will soon be rounded up
Roger L. Bagula
1/22/05
Read Re: Democratic voters will soon be rounded up
Prai Jei
1/22/05
Read Re: Democratic voters will soon be rounded up
Hero
1/23/05
[...]
1/24/05
[...]
MARLENE DOCTOROW