The Math Forum

Topic: probability has holes seriously and please read before you make a
comment!

Replies: 5   Last Post: Dec 2, 2009 7:55 AM

Dik T. Winter

Re: probability has holes seriously and please read before you make a

In article <ba307d51-4661-4224-a2f7-7fe60a2c4d2d@v30g2000yqm.googlegroups.com> eestath <stathopoulosee@gmail.com> writes:
> every integer greater than 2 is a product of primes to an integer
> power
>
> case 1: a number has as its factor 2 : probability 1/2
> case 2: a number has as its factor 2 and 3 : probability 1/
> (2*3)
> case 3: a number has as its factor 2 and 3 and 5 : probability 1/
> (2*3*5)
>
> if we cover every case probabilities add up to 1!

You do not cover every case. Where is the case that a number has 3 as
a factor but not 2?
--
dik t. winter, cwi, science park 123, 1098 xg amsterdam, nederland, +31205924131