The Math Forum

Topic: A New Conception of Numbers
Replies: 37   Last Post: Sep 23, 2017 2:41 PM

conway

Re: A New Conception of Numbers

> On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 1:30:14 PM UTC-7,
> conway wrote:

> > > On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 6:30:13 AM
> UTC-7,

> > > called

> > > result of multiplication, but one can refer to it
> as
> > > the sum.....just like the quotient is for
> division
> > > and the difference is for subtraction........yet
> > > subtraction and division still yield sums.

> > > Not if you want to be understood.

> > Fred
> >

> > You understood me clearly.

> On the contrary. I was trying to understand your
> ideas and was looking all around for what you could
> possibly mean by "sum". I thought that, perhaps,
> English is not your native language and was giving
> you simple advice on making yourself understood. I
> apologize if I did not come across as having that
> intention.
>
> There are many other confusing terms and phrases in
> your post, as should be obvious from the fact that no
> one has understood your point.
>
> But if you would rather continue in your self-pity, I
> will offer no more assistance.
>

> > That is why you "corrected" me. My mistake was
> akin to a spelling error....you had nothing of merit
> to say regarding the idea so you nit pick about
> inconsequential.....
>
> I have nothing at all to say about your idea until I
> can understand it.
>
> But if you have so little respect for YOUR OWN idea
> that you don't want to make an effort to express it
> clearly, then why should anyone else give it any
> respect?

Fred

Any math teach would have understood what I said....maybe not have agreed, but they would have understood. ONLY a mathematician would bicker about such nonsense. Further if you had of read any of my "official" papers, you would have found I was much more precise. In any case....if you saw pity to any degree in that post then it's no wonder you can't understand. Good luck fred....find something of note to complain about next time.

Date Subject Author
9/12/17
Read A New Conception of Numbers
conway
[...]