The Math Forum

Topic: There is the infinitely small difference for .999 repeating and
One quantities

Replies: 5   Last Post: Oct 2, 2017 11:51 PM

mitchrae3323@gmail.com

Re: There is the infinitely small difference for .999 repeating and
One quantities

On Monday, October 2, 2017 at 5:51:19 PM UTC-7, Bill wrote:
> mitchrae3323@gmail.com wrote:

> >> Nope. If the distance between any two points is zero, then they are the same point.
> > What I am saying is they are infinitely close quantities
> > with nothing in between. They are not the same point
> > but share a sameness by being together closest.

> "be being together closest"?

By being closest together.

> In fact, every rational with non-repeating decimal representation, also
> has a representation which repeats. Besides the example above, .35
> =.349999..., for instance. The "sameness" about them is called "equality".

It is actually an infinitely small difference.

Mitchell Raemsch