The Math Forum

Topic: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped

Replies: 27   Last Post: Oct 8, 2017 12:41 AM

bursejan@gmail.com

Re: 1)Gottingen's Dorothea Bahns, Laurent Bartholdi, are you as dumb
stupid and messy about Conics as Franz? Oval is the conic section, never ellipse

The year 2525, AP brain farto, still doesn't
understand that a*X^2+b*Y^2-1=0 is an ellipse.

Posting nonsense, already for 30 years, not
a single line of math.

Am Freitag, 6. Oktober 2017 10:43:35 UTC+2 schrieb Archimedes Plutonium:
> [...]
> |                              |
> |                              |
> |x            c              |x
> |                              |
> |                              |
> |                              |
> |F                            |
> |                              |
> |                              |
> |                              |
>

> So, what is the proof that figure EGFH is always an ellipse in the cylinder section? The line segment GH is the diameter of the circle base of cylinder and the cylinder axis cuts this diameter in half such that Gc = cH. Now we only need to show that Fc = cE. This is done from the right triangles cxF and cxE, for we note that by Angle-Side-Angle these two right triangles are congruent and hence Fc = cE, our second axis of symmetry and thus figure EGFH is always an ellipse. QED
>

> Array proof:: Analytic Geometry proof that Conic section= Oval// never ellipse
>
> ARRAY, Analytic Geometry Proof, Conic Section is a Oval, never an ellipse::

>       ,'"   "`.
>    /            \
> C |     c       | D
>  \               /
>     ` . ___ .'
>
> The above is a view of a figure formed from the cut of a conic with center c as the axis of the cone and is produced by the Sectioning of a Cone as long as the cut is not perpendicular to the base, and as long as the cut is not a hyperbola, parabola or circle (nor line). What we want to prove is that this cut is always a oval, never an ellipse. An oval is defined as a plane figure of just one axis of symmetry and possessing a center, c, with a Major Diameter as the axis of symmetry and a Minor Diameter. In our diagram above, the major diameter is AB and minor diameter is CD.
>
> Alright, almost the same as with Cylinder section where we proved the center was half way between Major Axis and Minor Axis of cylinder, only in the case of the Conic, we find that the center is half way between CD the Minor Diameter, but the center is not halfway in between the Major Diameter, and all of that because of the reason the slanted walls of the cone cause the distance cA to be far smaller than the distance cB. In the diagram below we have the circle of x centered at c and parallel to base. The angle at cx is not 90 degrees as in cylinder. The angle of cAx is not the same as the angle cBx, as in the case of the cylinder, because the walls of the cone-for line segments- are slanted versus parallel in the cylinder. Triangles cAx and cBx are not congruent, and thus, the distance of cA is not equal to cB, leaving only one axis of symmetry AB, not CD.
>
>      /  \A
>  x/  c  \x
> B/         \
>
> Hence, every cut in the Cone, not a hyperbola, not a parabola, not a circle (not a line) is a Oval, never an ellipse.

Date Subject Author
10/5/17
Read How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/5/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Michael Moroney
10/5/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Jan Bielawski
10/5/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Dan Christensen
10/5/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Jan Bielawski
10/5/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Dan Christensen
10/5/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Me
qbwrfmlx@gmail.com
10/5/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Dan Christensen
10/5/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/5/17
Read The butterfly cut, a V cut into conics Re: How we get a Ellipse from
a Conic
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/6/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Michael Moroney
10/6/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Jan Bielawski
10/6/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Jan Bielawski
10/6/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Me
10/6/17
Read 1)Gottingen's Dorothea Bahns, Laurent Bartholdi, are you as dumb
stupid and messy about Conics as Franz? Oval is the conic section, never ellipse
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/6/17
Read Re: 1)Gottingen's Dorothea Bahns, Laurent Bartholdi, are you as dumb
stupid and messy about Conics as Franz? Oval is the conic section, never ellipse
bursejan@gmail.com
10/6/17
Read 11) Is Andrew Wiles, John Conway failures of trigonometry like
Burse//sine wave is semicircle Not sinusoidal
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/6/17
Read Re: 11) Is Andrew Wiles, John Conway failures of trigonometry like
Burse//sine wave is semicircle Not sinusoidal
Jan Bielawski
10/7/17
Read Re: 11) Is Andrew Wiles, John Conway failures of trigonometry like Burse//sine wave is semicircle Not sinusoidal
Michael Moroney
10/7/17
Read 4) Harvard's Mark Kisin, Peter Kronheimer, Jacob Lurie as dumb as
Mike Moroney, still teaching a ellipse is a conic when even students know it
is a OVAL
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/7/17
Read Re: Archimedes "Always Wrong" Plutonium's descent into madness continues...
Michael Moroney
10/8/17
Read Re: 4) Harvard's Mark Kisin, Peter Kronheimer, Jacob Lurie as dumb as