Replies: 26   Last Post: Apr 5, 2006 3:15 PM

Ron Ferguson

Re: [math-learn] Schoenfeld's Criticism of The What Works Clearinghouse

If science is "what we know" then here is some modest science.
IQ is whatever it is that an IQ test measures. Unfortunately that is likely
not the "quotient" suggested.
Similarly, the SAT measures SATness.
The GRE measures GREatness.
The ACT measures theatre skills,
and the CLEP may require antibiotics.

With more scientific depth, I have recently shown that a mathematical
"lesson" has an incredibly short half-life, less that 10^-10 seconds. Within
that time, half of the mathematical "lesson" decays into a mathematical
"moron." The "moron" is either stable or of indeterminate length.

I hope these scientific insights resolve some of the test arguments.

cordially,
-Ron