The Math Forum

Topic: Boeing math
Replies: 37   Last Post: Dec 16, 1995 5:37 PM

Chi-Tien Hsu

Re: Boeing math

> On 12/12/95 Chi-Tien wrote:
>

> >I know many great scientists who are way below average on some common knowledge
> >that average people should know.

> What do you mean "should"? Who is to decide on the "shoulds"?

> ** **
> *** THE VIDULICH FAMILY - MARC, GINNY, NICK, & CONOR ***
> **** 8 Loreto View, Kilkenny, Ireland ****
> ***** e-mail: <vidulich@iol.ie> *****
> **** phone: 056-65852 ****
> *** :) ***
> ** **

No one can decide, but the rule of nature "how to survive in a society
happily for a normal average human being" will naturally decide.
It can't be well defined nor quantified in a precise way, it is rather a
common sense. However, it is what the educational system should work hard
to catch as much as possible, within its structure. Also, I want to
state again that there are many survival skills
are intrinsically not suitable, and can never be well taught
inside the school system. Don't waste your time, it will most likely
cause trouble. They work better at home, on the streets, on the jobs....

Chi-Tien