Topic: Differences between Mathematica and Mathcad?
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jan 16, 1998 4:51 AM

Walter Mlynko

Re: Differences between Mathematica and Mathcad?

Julio J. Santos-Munné wrote:

> Can somebody compare/contrast Mathematica and Mathcad. Basically why is
> Mathematica $1200 and MathCad $350. Is there something that mathematica
> can do that mathcad can't?

Probably run bug free. I made the mistake of putting
down hard earned cash for Mathcad 7.0 Professional and
am very dissapointed. My last version of Mathcad is
3.0, which i'm reasonably happy with. Do a Dejanews
search with Mathcad to hear some of my reports.

Mathcad 7 also has a link to a private talk group
run by Mathsoft,... sort of like a newsgoup. I don't
remember seeing any good comments about Mathcad.

The only reason I use is is because I want to
see the math like I write it down so that I can
do a quick and dirty calculation, and then
cut and paste into web pages to share
with other engineers.

Other mathpad calculators are not as quick and dirty
wysiwyg as I understand it.
Walt