The Math Forum

Topic: Simulink + GUI- Cool Simulink
Replies: 5   Last Post: Jun 11, 2009 2:38 PM

Dan Lluch

Re: Simulink + GUI- Cool Simulink

"Steven Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <h0mjhf$99h$1@fred.mathworks.com>...

> "Iverson" <iversoncbell@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> *snip*
>

> > Maybe I should clarify my goal. Well what I want to do is generate a
> > GUI, which I have not done yet, that has a big white section in the
> > middle for the Simulink workspace. I have seen in GUIDE that one can
> > create space for a chart and an excell sheet. I want to have a blank
> > workspace to place, drag, and control Simulink blocks. I would also
> > like to have a second space for Simulink blocks to sit there for the
> > user.
> > Ultimately, I want to design a simplified Simulink workspace.

> So you're trying to embed Simulink inside your GUI? I'm fairly certain
> there's no way to do that.
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com

Although not exactly what you are asking, want to make sure you know of what customizations abilities come with Simulink:
http://blogs.mathworks.com/seth/2009/04/29/pick-of-the-week-customizing-simulink/

You can control the libraries that are shown, create custom ones, and adjust the contents of pull down menus.