The Math Forum

Topic: Creating a logical mask from a 3D convex hull
Replies: 14   Last Post: Sep 20, 2012 11:23 AM

Anu

Re: Creating a logical mask from a 3D convex hull

"Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <k3f6en$bfv$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> "Anusha " <anusha@cs.usm.my> wrote in message

> >> I know how to create a mask using the DelaunayTri class. However, as I
> >> described above, many of the vertices are incorrectly connected. This is
> >> because the hull functions create faces from the outermost points,
> >> whereas my volume requires specific connections (given by the 'faces'
> >> matrix that I described earlier).

> > May i know how you created the mask using Delaunay TRi. I have problem
> > creating mask for a concave object too.

> Your problem is ambiguous. See a 2D example that demonstrates the ambiguity
> of creating a "concave hull" here:
>
> http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/256591#785780

Actually I have a set of 3D points. I need to create a logical mask from these points. How can I do this? I thought Delaunay triangulation can be utilized to construct the object trinagulation, then steps for creating the logical mask is not clear.