The Math Forum

Topic: querying the value at a specified location on a contour plot
Replies: 3   Last Post: Jun 23, 2015 3:52 PM

Jonathan Allan

Re: querying the value at a specified location on a contour plot

"Nasser M. Abbasi" wrote in message <mmc6ut$mrb$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
> On 6/23/2015 12:06 PM, Jonathan wrote:
> > I'm stumped. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to query the value at
> >a specified location in a meshgrid (xq,yq). I want to know the
> >value vq at a predefined xy coordinate. Any help?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >

> try
>
> http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/ginput.html
>
> "Graphical input from mouse or cursor
> ginput raises crosshairs in the current axes to for you
> to identify points in the figure, positioning the cursor with the mouse"

Thanks. I'm familiar with this approach. However, I was hoping to simply include a reference point in my code and it would spit out the value at the xy location, as opposed to clicking on a point in the figure.