Topic: Word Problem help
Replies: 7   Last Post: Feb 9, 2012 11:52 AM

Sue M

Re: Word Problem help

If a person is changed to it opposite, then the person would have to be
"hit" an odd amount of times. The only people who stay like they were in
the first place has been "hit" an even amount of times.

So, the only ones who change are square numbers. For instance, If you take
a look at the 5th person, the 1st and 5th person make them change. They
were hit twice.

If you take a look at a square # such as 9, it will change with the 1st,
(changed) 3rd (back to original), and 9th hit.(changed)

If the seat # is a perfect square # ( rational square root), then that seat
number will be opposite than it was.