Topic: classroom necessities
Replies: 2   Last Post: Aug 20, 2003 10:37 PM

Susan Cowles

Re: classroom necessities

Nancy--

I really use pattern blocks. There are many explorations that can be done
with angles, fractions, percentages, etc., not to mention area and perimeter
questions. Learners in our program really enjoy the color and feel of the
blocks, and like to make tesselations, as well. I recommend the wooden
pattern blocks. They are reasonable in price from the Math Learning Center
(probably other places, also, but that's the one I use). Several times I've
had groups of learners who have ordered a big box and split the cost, also.
They have taken them home to their children. I can't think of a better
endorsement than that!

Cheers, Susan Cowles