Topic: covariance matrix, correlation matrix, decomposition
Replies: 4   Last Post: Nov 24, 1999 5:37 AM

Emilio Lopes

Re: covariance matrix, correlation matrix, decomposition

Michael Pronath wrote:

> Why do you think that Cholesky is the best? It is commonly used for
> that task, and I wanted to know the reason.

The algorithm for the Cholesky decomposition is very simple, fast and
stable (no need for pivoting for PD matrices).

--
Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
Liberte', E'galite', Fraternite'