Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List   Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Jared Derksen

[ap-stat] Re: Regression with the TI-89

The 89 stores the list "resid" in the statvars folder, not the main folder.
I would be curious to get some feedback on this, but one of my students
started his StatFlashApp for the first time, instead of choosing the main
folder, he chose statvars. He then made a bunch of his own lists: L1, L2,
etc, which are faster to type than list1, etc. Now EVERYTHING is in the
statvars folder, so his life seems easier. What do other 89ers out there
do?

By the way, to make a resid plot, when you set up/define your plot, y-data
has to then say statvars/resid, so the 89 knows where to find it. I tell
them to go down to plot 5 or so and type it in once and leave it there so
they don't have to keep typing it.

I too like the 89 better--once you get used to it, it is easier because of
the fill-in-blank, paramer-prompting menus.

jared

0 ( * o * ) 0 Jared Derksen
|___ \ --- / ___| mrmathman@hotmail.com
/ [ M M ] \ http://a-s.clayton.edu/apstatfaq/
/ |_____| \
/ [ ] \ Rancho Cucamonga HS
/ ____| | | | ___\ 11801 Lark Dr.
_| | | |_ Rancho Cucamonga,CA
91701
(909) 989-1600

"No book is really worth reading at the age of ten which is not equally (and
often far more) worth reading at the age of fifty and beyond"
--C.S. Lewis

My paraphrase: Don't be a muggle!!!

>From: "Sunshine Campbell" <scampbell@lsnepal.com.np>
>To: "AP Statistics" <ap-stat@lyris.collegeboard.com>
>Subject: [ap-stat] Regression with the TI-89
>Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:25:16 +0545
>
>Forgive me if I am asking questions that have most likely been asked before
>(I just recently joined the list).
>
>1) When doing LinReg on the 89, does the calculator automatically create a
>RESID list like in the 83? We're having trouble locating it.
>
>2) When doing LnReg, ExpReg, PwrReg, and Logistic on the 89, r and r^2
>don't show up....why? and can this be fixed?
>
>3) What is the overall feeling about using the TI-89 in AP Stats? About
>1/3 of my students are using it...and I've never used it before (I'm
>learning quickly!!) Any suggestions?
>
>4) If this topic has been discussed earlier, can someone please direct me
>to the archives?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Sunshine Campbell
>Lincoln School
>Kathmandu, Nepal

---
You are subscribed to ap-stat as: archive@mathforum.org. To unsubscribe, send a blank message to leave-ap-stat@lyris.collegeboard.com.
Send questions about the list to jswift@alberni.net

--FAQ: http://a-s.clayton.edu/apstatfaq/
--Archives: http://mathforum.org/epigone/apstat-l
--AP Central(tm): http://apcentral.collegeboard.com
--List Website - to change your email address
http://lyris.collegeboard.com/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=ap-stat