The Math Forum

Topic: Integration of O() terms of the Taylor series
Replies: 2   Last Post: Feb 3, 2012 9:45 AM

G. A. Edgar

Re: Integration of O() terms of the Taylor series

In article
<75f375aa-ec39-4c7f-863f-0923419f502d@hs8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>, GD
<gcdiwan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Apologies for the display of some of the variables in the equation.
> Reposting it.
>
> Hello,
> I have two functions say f1(?) and f2(?) as follows:
>
> f1(?)=1/(a?^2) + 1/(b?) + O(1) ... (1)
>
> and
>
> f2(?)= c+d?+O(?^2) ... (2)
>
> where ? = ?-? and a,b,c,d and ? are constants. Eq. (1) and (2) are
> the
> Taylor series expansions of f1(?) and f2(?) about ? respectively. I
> need to integrate f1(?) and f2(?) with respect to ? (-1,1).
> Integration is straight forward for all the terms except O(1) and
> O(?^2) in (1) and (2) respectively. How do I proceed here to
> integrate
> the O() terms? If anyone can guide me on this it will be extremely
> helpful. Many thanks for the help.
> Regards,
> N.

I still cannot see the variables. Usenet is an ancient technology, so
it is best to stick to only ASCII for posting here. Oldtimers like me
know what "ASCII" means, youngsters may not.

--
G. A. Edgar http://www.math.ohio-state.edu/~edgar/