Topic: In favor of teaching "dot notation"
Replies: 26   Last Post: Oct 20, 2012 12:26 PM

kirby urner

Re: In favor of teaching "dot notation"
att1.html (1.3 K)

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 6:59 AM, Joe Niederberger
<niederberger@comcast.net>wrote:

> Robert Hansen says:
> >Keep in mind that Lou misstated what I said (probably unintentionally). I
> was referring to that proof test in the document I referenced. It showed a
> proof and then asked "On a scale of 1 to 5, how strongly do you agree or
> disagree with this proof?"
>
> My apologies - somehow two separate threads have become intertwined.
> Joe N

Yeah, several threads got mixed with the "dot notation" one. That's OK.
DotNotation.thread = "What we think about Math Ed" # etc.

What I'm saying is we are culturally straitjacketed by words like "computer
science" which is actually today's major mainline math. Industry is using
dot notation to control the world (the e-World, just virtual) and K-12
stays ignorant because why? Because "dot notation" is not a math
notation. Says who? Says no one with a coherent bone in her/his body.
But then lots of people are spineless.

Kirby

Date Subject Author
10/7/12
Read In favor of teaching "dot notation"
kirby urner
10/13/12
Read Re: In favor of teaching "dot notation"
Joe Niederberger
10/15/12
Read Re: In favor of teaching "dot notation"
kirby urner
10/13/12
Read Re: In favor of teaching "dot notation"
Joe Niederberger
10/16/12
Read Re: In favor of teaching "dot notation"
Joe Niederberger
10/16/12
Read Re: In favor of teaching "dot notation"
kirby urner
10/17/12
Read Re: In favor of teaching "dot notation"
Joe Niederberger
10/17/12
Read Re: In favor of teaching "dot notation"
Paul A. Tanner III
10/17/12
Read Re: In favor of teaching "dot notation"
kirby urner
10/17/12
Read Re: In favor of teaching "dot notation"
Joe Niederberger
10/17/12
Read Re: In favor of teaching "dot notation"
kirby urner
10/17/12
Read Re: In favor of teaching "dot notation"
Paul A. Tanner III
10/17/12
Read Re: In favor of teaching "dot notation"
kirby urner
10/17/12
Read Re: In favor of teaching "dot notation"
Robert Hansen
10/17/12
Read Re: In favor of teaching "dot notation"
Louis Talman
10/17/12
Read Re: In favor of teaching "dot notation"
Robert Hansen
10/18/12
Read Re: In favor of teaching "dot notation"
Louis Talman
10/18/12
Read Re: In favor of teaching "dot notation"
Robert Hansen
10/18/12
Read Re: In favor of teaching "dot notation"
kirby urner
10/17/12
Read Re: In favor of teaching "dot notation"
Joe Niederberger
10/17/12
Read Re: In favor of teaching "dot notation"
kirby urner
10/19/12
Read Re: In favor of teaching "dot notation"
Joe Niederberger
10/19/12
Read Re: In favor of teaching "dot notation"
Robert Hansen
10/19/12
Read Re: In favor of teaching "dot notation"
Joe Niederberger
10/19/12
Read Re: In favor of teaching "dot notation"
kirby urner
10/19/12
Read Re: In favor of teaching "dot notation"
Joe Niederberger
10/20/12