Topic: I'm new to matlab; why is this function wrong?
Replies: 5   Last Post: Dec 6, 2012 12:41 PM

Alex

Re: I'm new to matlab; why is this function wrong?

"Sargondjani" wrote in message <k9qhho$obr$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> you can only define functions inside a function-file and not in a script (dont ask me why, because it bothered me too, but matlab developers usually have good reasons for doing such things)
>
> so either:
> 1) transform your script into a function:
> start with: "function my_script()" and end with "end"
>
> 2) define the function in an m-file that you call in your script
>
> i hope this helps...

Thanks Sargondjani.

Now when I run this script:

plot(0,0,'yX')
hold on
for n = 1:1:730
del_t=24*3600;
[R V] = orbits(Ro, Vo, del_t);
plot(R(1),R(2),'go')
hold on;
Ro=R;
Vo=V;
end

calling function:

function [R V] = orbits(Ro, Vo, del_t)
Ro=[1.5e11, 0];
Vo=[0, 2*pi*Ro(1)/(365*24*60*60)];
G = 1.67e-11;
del_t=24*3600;
Ms = 1.97e30;
d = (Ro(1)^2 + Ro(2)^2)^(3/2);
a = -(G*Ms/d)* Ro;
V = Vo + a * del_t;
R = Ro + Vo * del_t + .5 * a * del_t^2;
end

I get Error in ==> two_dimensional_ac at 5
[R V] = orbits(Ro, Vo, del_t);