Topic: Matheology § 170
Replies: 41   Last Post: Dec 8, 2012 5:35 PM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 170

In article
<6de5a4f1-bb5f-4a15-ac7b-aa2161b9029d@s14g2000yqg.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 8 Dez., 09:47, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> > In article
> > <8b96b15b-71f0-4c15-aabd-5887fd7aa...@10g2000yqk.googlegroups.com>,
> >

> >  WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > > Try to learn set theory, for instance here:
> > >http://www.hs-augsburg.de/~mueckenh/GU/GU11.PPT#355,28,Folie28

> > For WM to think that I, or any other mathematician, would look to any
> > publication because he endorses it, much less one that is apparently
> > written by him, to learn anything about set theory in particular or
> > mathematics in general, is a totally unwarranted exhibition of
> > arrogance.

> You could have learned that 1*aleph_0 = 2*aleph_0.

Anything worth learning about mathematics I would prefer to learn from
far more reliable sources than WM has proved to be, since there is no
way to tell which parts of what WM teaches are true and which are not
other than by going to more reliable sources anyway.
> But obviously you do not like that in the present context. Therefore
> you prefer to argue ad hominem.

That one argues against what WM claims is hardly evidence that one is
arguing ad hominem. particularly when, as in the present instance, one
has produced perfectly valid mathematical points contradicting WMs
claims.

WM claims that his model, which demonstrably fails to have three
"angles" is a triangle. At least if, as in Euclid and since, an angle
consists of a point called the vertex point and two rays emanating from
it, is a triangle.

I point out that his model fails to satisfy every standard definitoin of
being a triangle. And WM calls my argument an ad hominem.

But it is obvious that his calling it so is the only ad hominem involved.
--

Date Subject Author
12/4/12
Read Matheology § 170