Topic: Temporary output when assigning into slices?
Replies: 10   Last Post: Jan 27, 2013 3:53 AM

Matt J

Re: Temporary output when assigning into slices?

"Bruno Luong" <b.luong@fogale.findmycountry> wrote in message <kdprb0$ka6$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Matt J" wrote in message <kdpkhg$p22$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
>

> > If so, why doesn't this apply to both examples? The LHS is the same in these examples.

> Not sure I understand, A(1,:) = ... is not the same as A(:,1) = ....

OK. Well then a 3rd example

If I'm not mistaken, this will be equivalent to

z=C(:,1); %memory allocation

A(:,1)=B*z;

All subsref operations, AFAIK, result in freshly allocated memory, even though it's not necessary here.