Topic: (no subject)
Replies: 12   Last Post: Oct 10, 2013 2:04 PM

Lou Cino

Call for Speakers: Teachers, Teaching with Technology (T^3)
Regional Conference on LI

att1.html (16.8 K)

A Teachers, Teaching with Technology (T^3) Regional Conference will be held at Molloy College, located in Rockville Centre, Long Island on Friday, November 1 and Saturday, November 2, 2013. The T^3 Regional Conference is designed to help educators integrate Texas Instrument Technology into their classroom.

Call for Speakers: If you would like to present at the conference please visit our website at: www.molloy.edu/ce/t3<http://www.molloy.edu/ce/t3> to download an application.

An overview of the conference is as follows:

Dates/Times: Friday, November 1, 2013, 8:00 a.m. ? 2:45/3:00 p.m. and Saturday, Saturday, November 2, 2013, 8:00 a.m. ? 12:45/1:00 p.m.

Sessions: 1 (one), 50?minute concurrent session and 2 (two), 75/90?minute concurrent sessions, plus a keynote session on Friday and 1 (one), 50?minute concurrent session and 2 (two) 75/90?minute concurrent session on Saturday

Keynote Speaker: Taylor Mali, poet, educator, and teacher advocate, as well as the author of the poems: "What Teachers Make," and "The the Impotence of Proofreading."

Audience: Grades 6-12 Math & Science Teachers

Location: Wilbur Arts Building, Molloy College, 1000 Hempstead Ave., Rockville Centre, NY, 11571. Molloy College is an independent, comprehensive college located on a 25?acre campus in Rockville Centre, Long Island, just forty minutes from the heart of New York City.
Fee: $95 two?days (by 6/28/13; $105 by 6/29-10/11; $115 after 10/11), $55 one?day (by 6/28/13, 6/29-10/11, $65; $75 after 10/11 either Friday or Saturday, No-charge to pre-service teachers (must register by 10/11) -student ID required at check in. (fee underwritten, in part, from Texas Instruments)

Speakers who are selected will have their conference fee waived. Speakers will also be given round-trip driving mileage reimbursement towards their travel.

A continental breakfast on Friday and Saturday and a buffet lunch on Friday is included in the price of the conference.

Preliminary information regarding the conference is available on our website at: www.molloy.edu/ce/t3<http://www.molloy.edu/ce/t3>.

If you should have any questions concerning the conference, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you.

Louis J. Cino
Dean,
Division of Continuing Education and Professional Development
Molloy College
1000 Hempstead Avenue
PO Box 5002
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
516-678-5000 Ext. 6357 (RVC Office)
516-678-5000 Ext. 7512 (Suffolk Office)
Fax: 516-256-2234
E-mail: lcino@molloy.edu<mailto:lcino@molloy.edu>
www.molloy.edu/ce<http://www.molloy.edu/ce>
Become a fan of Continuing Education on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/?sk=ff&ap=1#!/pages/Continuing-Education-and-Professional-Development-at-Molloy-College/153915331320824>

From: Evelyne Stalzer
Sent by: owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org<mailto:owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org>
Date: 01/28/2013 06:30PM

We do not have enough calculators to do this. Instead, we give each teacher a class set (or almost a class set) of calculators. They are handed out in the beginning of class (if needed) and collected again before the end of class. Depending on the student population and on the teacher's procedures, we do lose some calculators this way every year. I almost think we would lose fewer if we signed them out to students for the year, but alas t hat is not an option for us.

Evelyne Stalzer

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Frantel, Phyllis <PFRANTEL@mwcsd.org<mailto:PFRANTEL@mwcsd.org>> wrote:
For the last several years, we have assigned calculators to our Alg 2/Trig classes like a textbook. They are responsible for it for the year, and turn it in at the end of their regents exam. If they lose it, they have to pay for it. We are considering trying this with all of our classes next year, i.e. adding alg and geometry to the loaning process. Do any other schools do this? Has it been successful? We are worried that the younger students won?t be as responsible, and lose them. Please let us know if you have tried this and how it worked out for you! Or, do you require your students to buy their own graphing calculator in their freshman year?
Thanks,
Phyllis Frantel

Spam<http://milton1.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?i=03IRAh5lT&m=d2ae215ec3d1&t=20130128&c=s>
Not spam<http://milton1.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?i=03IRAh5lT&m=d2ae215ec3d1&t=20130128&c=n>
Forget previous vote<http://milton1.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?i=03IRAh5lT&m=d2ae215ec3d1&t=20130128&c=f>
******************************************************************* * To unsubscribe from this mailing list, email the message * "unsubscribe nyshsmath" to majordomo@mathforum.org<mailto:majordomo@mathforum.org> * * Read prior posts and download attachments from the web archives at * http://mathforum.org/kb/forum.jspa?forumIDg1 *******************************************************************