Topic: 4 function calculators
Replies: 9   Last Post: Feb 9, 2013 5:46 PM

Alain Schremmer

Re: 4 function calculators

On Feb 8, 2013, at 6:48 PM, Phil Mahler wrote:

> I don't see why we try to teach the "tables" and algorithms using
> the tables to college students, especially those with diagnosed
> learning disabilities.

In the latter case, I don't see either.

In the former case because it is a nice situation in which to see the
innards of an algorithm and their necessity. If I may quote myself,
this is what I did in the first half of

<http://www.freemathtexts.org/Standalones/RBA/RBApdf/RBAchap18.pdf>

Regards
--schremmer