Topic: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered
Replies: 27   Last Post: Feb 18, 2013 11:34 AM

Clyde Greeno

Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered

The line of primes is of the Peano kind:
# Linearly ordered, and discretely so
# having a minimum point, and
# having no maximum point
Thereby, it is order-isomorphic to the line of finite cardinals.

So, are you asking, in essence, for an upper bound to whatever cardinal
numbers mankind (or Sam) can "discover?" Or is it conceivable that a
particular algorithm through which the mind ... or other machine ...
identifies primes has its own limitations ... perhaps because of limitations
of the respective "machines"?