Topic: Naming Individual Variables
Replies: 2   Last Post: Feb 25, 2013 8:36 PM

Nasser Abbasi

Re: Naming Individual Variables

On 2/25/2013 12:49 PM, Jessica Parry wrote:
> I have the Matrix cases, as below'
>
> Cases =
>
> 0.0100 0.0000
> 0.0500 0.0000
> 0.2500 0.0000
> 1.5000 0.0000
>
> In which the first column is Voltage V and the second column is Radius R1.
> V =
> 10000
> 50000
> 250000
> 1500000
>
> R1 =
> 0.4000
> 0.3000
> 0.2000
> 0.1000
>
> Each row makes a pair to be entered into a series of equation. I was wondering if there was a way of naming each of the individual variables ie
>
> Case1_V = 10000 Case1_R1 = 0.4

they allready have names. The name is

cases(1,1) and cases(1,2)

Why do you need to have other names for them? You did not
give a reason for it.

Better to learn how to use index notations in Matlab to access variables.

So, what will you do what you have 1 million by 1 million matrix?

Where will you then come up with 1 zillion names from?

--Nasser