Topic: MathTeachers?
Replies: 31   Last Post: Apr 15, 2013 1:17 AM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida
Registered: 6/22/09
Re: MathTeachers?
att1.html (2.5 K)

On Mar 27, 2013, at 1:32 PM, Joe Niederberger <niederberger@comcast.net> wrote:

> So, a nice easy free graphing calculator is of no use
> whatsoever to a person with your highly developed opinion of himself. Shall we infer that all computer aided math exploration is held in similar contempt by the decider? If not, where do you draw the line? (Also, did Dave Renfro draw his pictures by hand?)

There are so many options now to draw a graph (picture) that the "wow factor" is moot. My point was that the site described itself as a "math" site, which it clearly isn't, in any sense of the word. Renfro's paper was full of math, with a couple of graphs.

If I showed you a "math" site that intentionally avoids visualization, you would cry foul. So would I. Yet, when I point out that your picture site intentionally avoids math, you are bent out of shape. Mind you, I would have never thought of it as a "math" site except that it describes itself that way.

Bob Hansen