Topic: memory issue
Replies: 4   Last Post: May 4, 2013 4:22 PM

Prof. Jake

Re: memory issue

Thanks to everyone with my problem. The idea of separating sections of my
book into hyperlinks worked out perfect.

Thanks again

-----Original Message-----
From: Tomas Garza [mailto:tgarza10@msn.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:53 AM
Subject: Re: memory issue

There is no reason why evaluation should proceed automatically on opening
the notebook - unless you have instructed it to do so. And even so, it can
only happen when you make an evaluation for the first time in a work
session. A possible explanation is that you have set all the input cells to
InitializationCell. Check this by selecting the cell bracket on each of them
and clicking Cell|CellProperties on the menu to see if the
InitializationCell option is enabled. By the way, have you thought of
dividing your book into separate notebooks for each chapter or subchapter?
This appears to be good practice.
-Tomas

> From: noslowski@comcast.net
> Subject: memory issue
> To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
> Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 07:03:34 -0400
>

> When I load in my book that I am writing, I run out of memory and my
> CPU is maxed out. The book so far is over 300 pages and has many

equations.