Topic: Torkel Franzen argues
Replies: 25   Last Post: May 17, 2013 3:52 PM

Re: Torkel Franzen argues

On 15/05/2013 11:21 AM, Frederick Williams wrote:
> Nam Nguyen wrote:

>>> Verification, proving, is a big deal.
>> For example, would you _accept_ the consistency of PA + ~cGC
>> ("It is no big deal" you said)?

> Not everyone shares your obsessions.
> The consistency of PA may be an objective fact (or fiction), but proving
> is a human activity.

Well then prove to the fora that cGC is true in the naturals, or that
~cGC is.

Isn't it true that Torkel Franzen once alluded to a similar notion that
one could "prove" the consistency of PA simply by observing that PA
wouldn't prove the false statement '0=1'?

But where would the false statement here: cGC, or ~cGC?