Topic: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
Replies: 30   Last Post: May 28, 2013 6:01 AM

Pubkeybreaker

Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs

On May 24, 3:22 am, Graham Cooper <grahamcoop...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 24, 3:46 pm, quasi <qu...@null.set> wrote:
>

> > joshipura wrote:
> > >OK. So here goes changed script for review:
>
> > >"For years mathematicians are struggling to prove that they
> > >will always find larger and larger cases of p where p and p+2
> > >both are primes.

> > >Someone recently proved that
> > >**
> > >there are as many prime numbers p and q less than 70,000,000
> > >apart as you want
> > >**

> > Yes, In a sense.
>
> > The phrase "as many as you want" can be interpreted as
> > "infinitely many" (provided you always want more and more).

> Incorrect if you can't actually calculate as many as you want.
>
> Can you tell me a factor of any composite number?
>
> 3506641086599522334960321627880596993888147560566
> 70275244851438515265106048595338339402871505719094
> 41798207282164471551373680419703964191743046496589
> 27425623934102086438320211037295872576235850964311
> 05640735015081875106765946292055636855294752135008
> 52879416377328533906109750544334999811150056977236
> 890927563
>
> Herc- Hide quoted text -

It's divisible by 13401

Date Subject Author
5/16/13
Read First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
Sam Wormley
5/16/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
Pubkeybreaker
5/16/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
Wally W.
5/17/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
Richard Tobin
5/17/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
Pubkeybreaker
5/17/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
Richard Tobin
5/17/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
Brian Q. Hutchings
5/18/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
Richard Tobin
5/18/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
Brian Q. Hutchings
5/18/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
Graham Cooper
5/19/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
Richard Tobin
5/23/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
Phil Carmody
5/25/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
Tucsondrew@me.com
5/17/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
David C. Ullrich
5/23/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
joshipura@gmail.com
5/23/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
quasi
5/24/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
joshipura@gmail.com
5/24/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
Graham Cooper
5/24/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
quasi
5/24/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
Graham Cooper
5/24/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
Pubkeybreaker
5/23/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
Peter Percival
5/23/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
Brian Q. Hutchings
5/23/13
Read even numbers not the sum of TPs?
Brian Q. Hutchings
5/24/13
Read Re: even numbers not the sum of TPs?
Robin Chapman
5/24/13
Read Re: even numbers not the sum of TPs?
Brian Q. Hutchings
5/24/13
Read Re: even numbers not the sum of TPs?
Brian Q. Hutchings
5/28/13
Read Re: even numbers not the sum of TPs?
Robin Chapman
5/24/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
Robin Chapman
5/25/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
byron
5/25/13