Topic: Preparing for NYS Common Core Algebra 1
Replies: 5   Last Post: Jun 21, 2013 3:44 PM

Elaine Zseller

RE: Preparing for NYS Common Core Algebra 1
att1.html (7.1 K)

Please see page 3 of the document referenced below. It indicates that students are not required to take both regents. (I identified the red font.)

Any student who in the 2013-14 school year or thereafter, regardless of grade of
enrollment, begins his or her first commencement-level math course culminating in a Regents
Exam in June 2014 or later must take the New York State CCLS Regents Exam in
mathematics that corresponds to that course, as available, and be provided with Common
Core instruction. ...

For the June 2014 and August 2014 administrations only, students receiving Algebra I
(Common Core) instruction may, at local discretion, take the Regents Examination in
Integrated Algebra (2005 Revised) in addition to the Regents Examination in Algebra I
(Common Core).

http://www.p12.nysed.gov/assessment/math/ccmath/transitioncc.pdf