Topic: one-way repeated measures ANOVA with more levels than subjects
Replies: 8   Last Post: Nov 6, 2013 3:53 AM

Jeff Miller

Re: one-way repeated measures ANOVA with more levels than subjects

On Thursday, October 24, 2013 10:37:52 AM UTC+13, Bruce Weaver wrote:
> For those who are interested, here's the code:
> http://code.google.com/p/fieldtrip/source/browse/trunk/statfun/statfun_depsamplesF.m?r=935

This part of the code looks suspect to me:

nunits = max(design(cfg.uvar,:));
dfdenom = nunits - ncontrasts;

I'm not confident, but it looks to me like:

nunits = the number of subjects.
ncontrasts = (at least by default) the number of df's
for the repeated measures factor factor.

In that case, dfdenom for the factor effect in a repeated measures design should be (nunits-1)*ncontrasts.