Topic: Please give me some suggestions!!!
Replies: 3   Last Post: Nov 8, 2013 2:23 PM

Louis Talman

Re: Please give me some suggestions!!!

On Fri, 08 Nov 2013 08:12:59 -0700, mat19 <matpune19@gmail.com> wrote:

> I did my undergrad in computer science and now I am pursuing my major in
> it from an average university. My problem is ever since I was in my
> undergrad I always wanted to do something in mathematics as it always
> fascinated me.My Grandfather was a mathematician so he was always been
> my inspiration.I didn't made a decision to do my major in mathematics as
> now I am not in touch of it thats y scared. So now I am trying to search
> a topic which is midway between computers and maths but I am unable to
> find a direction!
> My problem is I am still unsure if I should change my major in
> mathematics or I should continue with computer science?
> Which is better?or Looking at my background what can be ideal for me?

Before you make a decision, you should take an advanced mathematics
course---one which emphasizes Definitions, Theorems, and their proofs.
You may find that such things aren't your dish of tea. But you will need
to deal heavily in them in a mathematics major.

- --Lou Talman
Metropolitan State University of Denver

<http://rowdy.msudenver.edu/~talmanl>