Topic: Exclusions allowed in random permutation test?
Replies: 7   Last Post: Aug 19, 2014 10:45 AM

Richard Ulrich

Re: Exclusions allowed in random permutation test?

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 06:39:42 -0700 (PDT), jomarbueyes@hotmail.com
wrote:

[snip, previous; later]

>Hi Rich,
>
>Thank you for your response. Sorry for the confusion I added by mentioning pairs of boys. For the actual problem with which we're dealing the adult brothers might be a better analogy.

Fine. If you don't have extraneous sources of variance,
then the simple correlation is the full answer.

If it helps, consider that the R-squared is often called
the "variance accounted for" by the relation.

No, I don't have any references on permutation, but
the application *seems* straightforward to me.

--
Rich Ulrich