Topic: matrix analysis: can I say matrix X=Y if I have AXA=AYA?
Replies: 8   Last Post: Mar 12, 2004 9:37 AM

Alexander Malkis

Re: matrix analysis: can I say matrix X=Y if I have AXA=AYA?

1. the dimensions of A,X,Y should be compatible, in this case I think
they should be all square matrices.

2. If you require that AXA=AYA for all matrices A, then it would
certainly hold for A=identity matrix.

3. If A is some unknown matrix, i.e. then AXA=AYA tells you not much.
E.g. if A=[0]

--
Best regards,
Alex.

PS. To email me, remove "loeschedies" from the email address given.