Topic: laser cooling
Replies: 1   Last Post: Oct 21, 2013 8:13 AM

Thomas Nordhaus

Re: laser cooling

Anonymous schrieb:

>I guess - cool u 235 and u 238 at the same time using different

That reminds me of the thriller I read on a train ride. There was that
riddle: "The prime difference between elements responsible for
Hiroshima and Nagasaki [atomic bomb explosions]". I figured it out at
once. 3 ! The protagonists used up 14 pages and finally defused the
bomb with barely a second to spare. And imagine that: The hero was a
beautiful and brilliant mathematician!

Thomas

>frequencies of photons - u 235 and u 238 will cool at different
>distances from the lasers depending on things like the intensity of
>light from different distances - when u 235 and u 238 cool they will
>fall and they will separate

Date Subject Author
9/23/04
Read laser cooling