Topic: Harassment of James Harris: A necessary rebuke to those who mocked his veterans status.
Replies: 22   Last Post: Sep 21, 2004 5:17 PM

Andrzej Kolowski

Re: Harassment of James Harris: A necessary rebuke to those who mocked his veterans status.

rwill9955@hotmail.com (andy) wrote in message news:<7b4d50db.0409101902.3b875437@posting.google.com>...
> Gentlemen,
>
> This is Dr. Andrew Beckwith. I am spaking to you after having had
speaking

> people from another forum tell me that James Harris's patriotism has
> been questioned.

Harris has threatened the use of *military* force against people
here who have proved that his mathematics is incorrect. He has
threatened to expose his opponents to the FBI, the CIA, and the
NSA. He has threatened legal action, again, against people here.
For maligning or libelling him or for calling him unpatriotic?
No! For having dared to post valid counterexamples to his
mathematical "proofs"! He has tried to silence at least one of
his critics by contacting his employer and charging him with
racism (for having *considered* making a racist remark, not for
actually making it). In my view these are potentially abuses of
the freedoms we are guaranteed by the Constitution. I have no
idea who has been questioning his patriotism in this forum or any
other, but I would say that if such questioning has occurred,
there may be a rational basis for it.

> I urged James not to react to baiting. Now, after I have said this, I
> am going to respond to you in this forum.
>
> I am also a fellow veteran. A disabled veteran who is legally nearly
> stone deaf . Many of my ilk have looked in abject horror at the
> presidential elections where both Kerry and Bush have thrown
> accusations at each other about who is unpatriotic and who has the
> mojo with respect to the military.
>
> This is despicable, and I urge you, in this forum , not to harass
> another military veterans mainly, James Harris.
veteran namely

> Those who have served and who have suffered for it know the
> uncalculatable pain of permanent severance of health and of life of
incalculable

> those who have been in harms way. Those who have served also respect
harm's

> the rights of veterans in the United States to entertain their own
> points of view and to question authority.

Of course. But are you saying veterans have more such rights
than the rest of us?

> You should respect James Harris's right to question authority and to
> entertain unpopular points of view. This is what we should allow ALL
> Americans.

Agreed. The point has been made many times that James Harris
himself is perhaps the only person here here who has actually
taken action to suppress other people's freedom of expression, by
explicitly contacting his opponent's employer *and* the Attorney
General of the state in which his opponent lived.

> If you honor our own democratic heritage, you should value that
> dispensation and to never, NEVER penalize a person , especially a
> MILITARY person, for having their own view point.

Veterans deserve respect. They do not deserve obsequious
worship or absolute freedom from criticism for their words or
actions. No one does.

> I am a mathematical physics PhD.

I frankly doubt this. Your writing is semi-literate.

> I may return in due course to this
> forum to discuss professional issues with you all in this discussion
> group. A pre requisite for me returning though will be a cessation of
prerequisite

> attacks upon James and at least a modicum of respect for his veterans
veteran's

> status. Especially on the part of sunshine patriots who have never had
> the gumption to be potentially or actually in the line of fire.

Was Harris ever in the line of fire? He has been quite
reluctant to answer certain questions regarding his military service.

Andrzej

> Andrew Beckwith, PhD.

Date Subject Author
9/10/04
Read Harassment of James Harris: A necessary rebuke to those who mocked his veterans status.
andy
9/10/04
Read Re: Harassment of James Harris: A necessary rebuke to those who mocked his veterans status.
Daniel Ryan
9/11/04
Read Re: Harassment of James Harris: A necessary rebuke to those who mocked his veterans status.
Mensanator
9/11/04
Read Re: Harassment of James Harris: A necessary rebuke to those who mocked his veterans status.
andy
9/14/04
Read Re: Harassment of James Harris: A necessary rebuke to those who mocked his veterans status.
KeithK
9/14/04
Read Re: Harassment of James Harris: A necessary rebuke to those who mocked his veterans status.
mensanator
9/11/04
Read Re: Harassment of James Harris: A necessary rebuke to those who mocked his veterans status.
Mensanator
9/11/04
Read Re: Harassment of James Harris: A necessary rebuke to those who mocked his veterans status.
Richard Henry
9/11/04
Read Re: Harassment of James Harris: A necessary rebuke to those who mocked his veterans status.
Russell E. Rierson
9/11/04
Read Re: Harassment of James Harris: A necessary rebuke to those who mocked
his veterans status.
Will Twentyman
9/11/04
Read Re: Harassment of James Harris: A necessary rebuke to those who mocked his veterans status.
Marc Olschok
9/11/04
Read Re: Harassment of James Harris: A necessary rebuke to those who mocked his veterans status.
Mensanator
9/11/04
Read Re: Harassment of James Harris: A necessary rebuke to those who mocked his veterans status.
Andrzej Kolowski
9/11/04
Read Re: Harassment of James Harris: A necessary rebuke to those who
mocked his veterans status.
Jesse F. Hughes
9/11/04
Read Re: Harassment of James Harris: A necessary rebuke to those who mocked his veterans status.
Quinn Tyler Jackson
9/11/04
Read Re: Harassment of James Harris: A necessary rebuke to those who mocked his veterans status.
Virgil
9/11/04
Read Re: Harassment of James Harris: A necessary rebuke to those who mocked his veterans status.
Van Jacques
9/19/04
Read Re: Harassment of James Harris: A necessary rebuke to those who mocked his veterans status.
JAMES HARRIS
9/21/04
Read Re: Harassment of James Harris: A necessary rebuke to those who mocked his veterans status.
Brian Quincy Hutchings
9/11/04
Read Re: Harassment of James Harris: A necessary rebuke to those who mocked his veterans status.
Richard Henry
9/12/04
Read Re: Harassment of James Harris: A necessary rebuke to those who mocked his veterans status.
Guenther von Knakspott
9/12/04
Read Re: Harassment of James Harris: A necessary rebuke to those who
mocked his veterans status.
Jesse F. Hughes
9/12/04
Read Re: Harassment of James Harris: A necessary rebuke to those who mocked his veterans status.
David Moran