Topic: Vaughan Jones, U. of Penn., 3/22 - 3/25
Replies: 1   Last Post: Mar 4, 1993 3:12 PM

Michelle Manes

Re: Vaughan Jones, U. of Penn., 3/22 - 3/25

In article <1mvvtd$rbr@forum.swarthmore.edu> Gene Klotz <klotz@forum.swarthmore.edu> writes:
>The Spring, 1993 Hans Rademacher Lectures will be given by
>
> Vaughan F.R. Jones, University of California, Berkeley
>
>March 22, 4:00 p.m., "Knots 1"
>March 23, 3:00 p.m., "Knots 2"
>March 24, 3:00 p.m., "von Neumann Algebras 1"
>March 25, 3:00 p.m., "von Neumann Algebras 2"
>
>All lectures will be held in room A-8 of the David Rittenhouse Laboratory.
>
>For further information please call
>Department of Mathematics,
>University of Pennsylvania,
>215 898-8178.

I'd recommend anyone who can go to these to do it.
Jones is a great lecturer, very funny guy.
You'll certainly enjoy it.
(I graduated in math from UC Berkeley, and Prof. Jones
was our commencement speaker. He was fantastic.)

michelle
(speaking on nothing whatsoever related to her postition at EDC)

Michelle Manes
Reasearch Assistant, Connected Geometry Project
Education Development Center