From: Kandravy, Amber [<a href="mailto://Amber.Kandravy@fortbend.k12.tx.us]">mailto://Amber.Kandravy@fortbend.k12.tx.us]</a>
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 3:28 PM
To: for Teachers of AP Statistics
Subject: [ap-stat] Probability Help

Hello everyone,

I am working on a problem and I am stumped to find the answer.

The problem is this: There are a dozen old batteries in a junk box. 5 of
which are totally dead, but you don't know which ones specifically. You
start picking them one at at time and testing them. We are asked to find the
probabilty that at least one of the first three works.

Thank you for your time,

Amber Kandravy
Statistics/Algebra Teacher
George Bush High School
281-234-6060

---
You are subscribed to ap-stat as: pat_ballew@eu.odedodea.edu and name:
Ballew, Pat. To unsubscribe, please use the list website.
Send questions about the list to owner-ap-stat@lyris.collegeboard.com

--FAQ: <a href="http://cims.clayton.edu/apstatfaq/">http://cims.clayton.edu/apstatfaq/</a>
--Archives: <a href="http://mathforum.org/epigone/apstat-l">http://mathforum.org/epigone/apstat-l</a>
--AP Central: <a href="http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/stats">http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/stats</a>
--List Website - to change your email address

The College Board, 45 Columbus Avenue, New York, NY 10023-6992

---
You are subscribed to ap-stat as: archive@mathforum.org and name: Math Forum. To unsubscribe, please use the list website.