Topic: empty set
Replies: 2   Last Post: Dec 28, 2004 8:59 AM

Re: empty set

I think I am hitting the nail on the head with this answer.

A partition of a set is a collection of subsets that might be said to
"divide the set into pieces". And an empty set occurs when you union 2
sets that have no common elements, Therefore, if they have no common
elements they have no subsets, and no sub sets meants no collections
of subsets and thus no partitions.

On 21 Dec 04 07:20:51 -0500 (EST), Abdulla wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>I want to ask about a partition of a set.
>we know for a set of set to be a partition for A there is 3
>must satisfy:
>1-Empty set isn't belong to the partition i.e.none of the set of the
>partition must be the empty set.
>why does this condition is important ???
>can anyone explain to me ..

Date Subject Author
Read empty set
Read Re: empty set