Topic: empty set
Replies: 2   Last Post: Dec 28, 2004 8:59 AM

John

Re: empty set

I think I am hitting the nail on the head with this answer.

A partition of a set is a collection of subsets that might be said to
"divide the set into pieces". And an empty set occurs when you union 2
sets that have no common elements, Therefore, if they have no common
elements they have no subsets, and no sub sets meants no collections
of subsets and thus no partitions.

~JOHn

On 21 Dec 04 07:20:51 -0500 (EST), Abdulla wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>I want to ask about a partition of a set.
>we know for a set of set to be a partition for A there is 3
conditions
>must satisfy:
>1-Empty set isn't belong to the partition i.e.none of the set of the
>partition must be the empty set.
>why does this condition is important ???
>can anyone explain to me ..

Date Subject Author
12/21/04
Read empty set