Topic: permutations and combinations
Replies: 8   Last Post: Apr 18, 2005 11:18 PM

Re: permutations and combinations

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 20:35:38 -0700, Kenneth <jagger7774@hotmail.com>

>William Elliot wrote:
>> On Sun, 17 Apr 2005, Kenneth wrote:

>>>How many tours consisting of a visit (in the order speci
ed) to a park,
>>>a museum, a mall and a restaurant are possible if you can select from

ve parks, two museums, six malls, and eight restaurants?
>>>I GOT THE ANSWER: 5 * 2 * 6 * 8 = 480

(But why not eat at the mall?)

>> No, it's not correct to use a special character for 'fi'
>> as it shows up as ^B and who knows for other systems.

>William can you please clarify?? I have no idea what you wrote.

You have two words with fi in them, and neither is readable. Instead
of fi, my system shows a little box or ^B, in one place or another. I
have no idea what character you typed, or why, or what it looks like
on your screen. But you need to restrict yourself to basic ASCII
characters in newsgroup postings; anything else gives unpredictable
results, that vary with the user's system. No Greek, degree signs,

William... You often have good suggestions about format, but why not
_also_ provide a little help when the meaning is clear.