The Math Forum

Topic: Mathabacus.com
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jun 27, 2005 5:31 PM

Ken Starks

Re: Mathabacus.com

rayyan wrote:

> Take a look at this website: http://www.mathabacus.com
>
> It's about books teaching kids the basic of mental arithetic by using
> abacus in their math classes. easy step-by-step instructions that is
> targeted to ease kids, parents, and teachers alike to master the art of
> mental arithmetic.
>
> Tell me what you think.

Anyone know where I can buy a reasonable quality abacus in the UK ?
I'm after a Soroban, the Japanese variety.
I'm not interested in a flimsy toy for hanging in a baby's pram, or
using as a rattle.

Preferably it would be an imported model from a country where
they are still used for Calculation.