Topic: Online Math Tutor, two weeks for free!
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jul 27, 2005 1:22 AM

Kevin Karplus

Re: Online Math Tutor, two weeks for free!

On 2005-07-27, xiangenhu@gmail.com <xiangenhu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just got an email says that my kids can use ALEKS for free (two weeks)
> anybody know about this? Email come from online.math@gmail.com. I
> wonder if this is real. Thanks.

ALEKS is real, but it is more of an adaptive math drill program than a
math tutor. The free week or two is also real---after that it costs a
moderate amount.

aleks.com has been reviewed (favorably) in this newsgroup before.
My own family has not used it---my son got irritated with the site
during the first day and refused to have anything more to do with it.

Kevin Karplus karplus@soe.ucsc.edu http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~karplus
(Senior member, IEEE) (Board of Directors, ISCB)
Affiliations for identification only.