From: jataylor [mailto:jataylor@utk.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 10:35 AM
To: eleonelli@ndecboston.org
Subject: scatter diagrams

Hello Esther,
I have a question from a teacher, and I was wondering what you or the
numeracy listserv might recommend. Here is her question:

"One of the Official GED Practice Tests has two questions that require
understanding scatter plots. We use both the Steck-Vaugh and Contemporary
series, and neither covers this skill. Does anyone have a source for an
actual lesson on this? I have printed some things off internet sites, but
they are explanations and not work to apply the skill."

Do you have suggestions for classroom activities that might help teachers
help
learners better understand scatter diagrams?

Thanks so much,

Jackie

-If you have any questions e-mail edl@world.std.com