Topic: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
Replies: 91   Last Post: Nov 2, 2005 7:57 PM

Jim Sprigs

Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.

George Dance wrote:

> Written proofs have definite advantages over mechanical experiments.
> OTOH, a lot of people (especially those unfamiliar with a language) are
> skeptical of proofs that use words 'n' symbols, but find experiments in
> which they can actually manipulate the objects to be completely
> convincing.

Consider this experimental proof that 2 + 2 = 4. Put two drops of water
in a test tube, put another two drops of water in the test tube. Count
how many drops of water are in the test tube. It's as good as the
marbles in a bag experiment, isn't it?

--
The world will little note, nor long remember, what we say here.

Date Subject Author
10/5/05
Read OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
|-|erc
10/5/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
Abraham Buckingham
10/5/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
quasi
10/5/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
|-|erc
10/5/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
quasi
10/5/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
|-|erc
10/5/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
quasi
10/6/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
|-|erc
10/6/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
quasi
10/6/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
|-|erc
10/6/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
Proginoskes
10/6/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
|-|erc
10/6/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
Proginoskes
10/6/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
|-|erc
10/6/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
Proginoskes
10/20/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
Proginoskes
10/6/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
matt271829-news@yahoo.co.uk
10/6/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
Torkel Franzen
10/6/05
[...]
10/7/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
Torkel Franzen
10/7/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
matt271829-news@yahoo.co.uk
10/7/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
Torkel Franzen
10/7/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
matt271829-news@yahoo.co.uk
10/7/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
Torkel Franzen
10/8/05
[...]
matt271829-news2@yahoo.co.uk
10/8/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
Torkel Franzen
10/8/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
LordBeotian
10/8/05
[...]
10/10/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
H. J. Sander Bruggink
10/10/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
Torkel Franzen
10/11/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
H. J. Sander Bruggink
10/7/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
Mark Nudelman
10/7/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
Torkel Franzen
10/8/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
matt271829-news@yahoo.co.uk
10/5/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
Rupert
10/5/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
|-|erc
10/6/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
Rupert
10/23/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
b92057@yahoo.com
10/23/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
David Kastrup
10/23/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
Jim Sprigs
11/2/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
b92057@yahoo.com
10/23/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
Jim Sprigs
10/23/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
Jim Sprigs
11/2/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
b92057@yahoo.com
10/29/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
George Dance
10/29/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
The Ghost In The Machine
10/30/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
George Dance
10/30/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
Jim Sprigs
10/30/05
Read Re: OK, WHAT theory can't you prove? Name one that isn't G.
Virgil
10/30/05