Topic: optimize
Replies: 2   Last Post: Oct 13, 2005 5:56 AM

Marcelo Marazzi

Re: optimize

If what you want to do is solve a curve fitting problem via
in the least squares sense (which is not the same as
interpolation), you can use lsqcuvefit in the optimization
toolbox:
http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/optim/ug/lsqcurvefit.html

If you don't own this toolbox, you can run it through the function
fminsearch in base MATLAB - this function is not ideal for this
problem but it may be adequate.

-Marcelo

valerio wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to optimize throug a sinusoid 'f(x)=A sin( Bx )', one vector
> of 8 element(interpolation).I want know the parameters A and B.Could
> you tell me which matlab optim.tlbx I could use.

Date Subject Author
10/12/05
Read optimize
valerio