Topic: REQ: Some math book recommendations
Replies: 2   Last Post: Oct 29, 2005 11:33 AM

Jim Sprigs

Re: REQ: Some math book recommendations

Jim Spriggs wrote:

> bird_222@my-deja.com wrote:

> > I am really interested in cryptography and understanding the underlying
> > math involved (and just higher math). I am wondering if anyone can
> > recommend any good/simple books or software (good examples) on a course
> > of understand the math involved in crypto (kinda like 'Dummie' guides
> > on higher math)? From what I have gathered, Number Theory seems to be
> > the main area to know, but I feel I need/want to know some other math
> > first. Hell, I mean I need to know how to just read so of these
> > functions/series that I am looking at. Maybe if there was just a book
> > ('math dictionary' maybe) on how to read/understand what the
> > functions/series just say, that would be a great help.

> For the number theory relating to cryptography I would suggest
>
> Neal Koblitz "A Course in Number Theory and Cryptography" Springer.

Also, may I draw your attention to

Richard Crandall and Carl Pomerance "Prime Numbers, a Computational
Perspective" Springer.

This has a section on cryptography with references and algorithms. The
book is full of interesting material.

--
The world will little note, nor long remember, what we say here.