Topic: Double precision random number generator in Fortran 77
Replies: 19   Last Post: Nov 28, 2005 9:48 AM

Duane Bozarth

Re: Double precision random number generator in Fortran 77

os2_user@hotmail.com wrote:

...top posting repaired...

> > os2_user@hotmail.com wrote:

> > > The Fortran 77 version doesn't compile. There is an illegal data
> > > statement for the variable mti which is in COMMON. It can be fixed by
> > > having a block data statement. Has anyone else noticed this error?
> > >

> paul v birke wrote:
> > it compiles and runs under watcom
>
> That's strange. Lahey doesn't like it and my Fortran book says it's an
> error.

Do you have strict F77 conformance switch on or is it the default for
the Lahey compiler when presented a fixed source file? It is, as noted
elsewhere, a quite common extension but not, as you've noted, strict
F77.

Date Subject Author
11/14/05
Read Double precision random number generator in Fortran 77
os2_user@hotmail.com
11/14/05
Read Re: Double precision random number generator in Fortran 77
George Marsaglia
11/14/05
Read Re: Double precision random number generator in Fortran 77
os2_user@hotmail.com
11/17/05
Read Re: Double precision random number generator in Fortran 77
os2_user@hotmail.com
11/18/05
Read Re: Double precision random number generator in Fortran 77
George Marsaglia
11/18/05
Read Re: Double precision random number generator in Fortran 77
os2_user@hotmail.com
11/19/05
Read Re: Double precision random number generator in Fortran 77
George Marsaglia
11/23/05
Read Re: Double precision random number generator in Fortran 77
Robin
11/28/05
Read Re: Double precision random number generator in Fortran 77
Raymond Toy
11/15/05
Read Re: Double precision random number generator in Fortran 77
Read Re: Double precision random number generator in Fortran 77
os2_user@hotmail.com
11/15/05
Read Re: Double precision random number generator in Fortran 77
Everett M. Greene
11/16/05
Read Re: Double precision random number generator in Fortran 77
N. Shamsundar
11/15/05
Read Re: Double precision random number generator in Fortran 77
Hugo Pfoertner
11/16/05
Read Re: Double precision random number generator in Fortran 77
os2_user@hotmail.com
11/16/05
Read Re: Double precision random number generator in Fortran 77
Paul Victor Birke
11/17/05
Read Re: Double precision random number generator in Fortran 77
os2_user@hotmail.com
11/17/05
Read Re: Double precision random number generator in Fortran 77
Dave Seaman
11/17/05
Read Re: Double precision random number generator in Fortran 77
Duane Bozarth
11/21/05
Read Re: Double precision random number generator in Fortran 77
Harmonic Software