Topic: Why I cannot find function ParseInputs?
Replies: 6   Last Post: Sep 25, 2013 12:58 PM

Steven Lord

Re: Why I cannot find function ParseInputs?

"Devraj Mandal" <devraj89@gmail.com> wrote in message

*snip*

> Please can anyone tell me what is the use of this subfunction ?

Usually, from the name, it's intended to parse the input arguments to the
main function.

> Can I just delete it ? I am using del2 function and found this sub
> function so I had this query.

No you SHOULD NOT just delete it for two reasons.

1) In general, you should not modify functions that are part of MATLAB or
toolboxes created by MathWorks. Doing so could easily cause them to return
the wrong answer, to throw errors, or to misbehave in subtle or
not-so-subtle ways. If you MUST modify functions in MATLAB or a toolbox, it
would be a little safer to make a copy under a new name in a directory
outside $MATLABROOT/toolbox and modify that copy.

2) Removing a subfunction from a function "just because" would be like your
doctor removing one of your internal organs "just because."

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com